Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So you ask how do I maintain a ball? We'll start with the basic's.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you ask how do I maintain a ball? We'll start with the basic's.

So you ask how do I maintain a ball? We'll start with the basic's.

Every bowler should have a microfiber towel and a spray bottle of a approved cleaner in their bag.

USBC BALL CLEANER LIST - ACCEPTABLE/NON-ACCEPTABLE
    http://usbcongress.http.internapcdn....ner_polish.pdf

Cleaning:
    1- Wipe your ball off after every shot. This should be part of your pre-shot routine.

2- After you get done bowling a session, you should clean your ball off with a approved cleaner.

These two things do the most to help reduce oil absorption into the cover of the ball.

3. Do a deep cleaning about every 50 – 75 games. This will help in removing any oil absorbed into the cover.

A deep clean is where your attemping to remove soaked in oil and dirt from the ball's cover.

How to do a Deep Cleaning at home:

You'll need a bucket or sink, a wash cloth and a dish washing detergent with a degreasing agent in it.

Simply check on the label and be sure it is has a degreaser. I recommend Dawn or Dawn Direct Foam.

1. Fill a sink or bucket with warm water and a small amount of the detergent about 2-3 teaspoons. Be sure that the water is only warm and not too hot.

2. Place the bowling ball in the warm soapy water with the holes pointing down (or cover them) and let it soak for 10 – 15 minutes.

At this point, Rub the bowling ball with the wash cloth. This helps loosen and remove grime from the surface.

3. Next remove the ball from the water and drain the water. Then repeat the entire process again, until you notice no more dirt and oil in the water after the soaking phase.

4. When done dry the ball off and allow to dry for a few hours.

These simple basic cleaning steps will help keep your ball at peak performance .

These are just the basic cleaning steps, there are other optional steps for cleaning and ball surface maintenance. Those will be added later.
    Litefrozen
Working...
X