Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your 2016-2017 season League/Tournament scores here!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your 2016-2017 season League/Tournament scores here!

Well the new season is here, let's post some great scores.
    Litefrozen

My League starts next Tuesday night. I'll try to be more consistent this season for sure. Although haven't picked up a bowling ball in months!

Comment

A lackluster start 182-152-156 for a 490. But I was using 2 new balls with a new grip and was trying out a new wrist brace.. The new grip felt pretty good, except the grips in my spare ball were tight. I believe that's because they got in a bind when put in, I have to pull them and reinsert them see if that fixes it. The Paranoia I think needs a little surface, the OOB is a bit too shiny. We also had a few technical glitches, it was storming and we lost power several times. Then in the middle of the third game our lanes broke down for 20 minutes. Plus my 4th bowler wasn't there, he had work done on his foot and is going to be out for a few weeks.
      Litefrozen

Comment

232/198/202 632 Series and a 20/8/6/3 line.

Missed some single pins tonight which was frustrating but expected as I've only bowled twice since the Spring Fling Tournament. 210.66 Average thru 3 games (1 week)

House manager stated beforehand that the oil patterns should be more consistent this season as they are supposed to get an upgrade in oil machines. We shall see. Tonight was nice I only moved once at the beginning of game 2 about 2 boards and threw the same line most of the night with the only variable being a bit more loft on the ball as the pattern dried out.

Comment

My 3 leagues started ......8/24..8/27...8/28.....I'm off to a 170 ish average, I ended the season with a 175, up 20 pins since 2010, I'm shooting for 15 pin increase to 190 and a 700 series this year !!!! whoop whoop

Comment

Week 02

Very disappointing night, is it my fault? Sure probably. I only brought 2 balls my Paranoia and the White Dot. There was basically no head oil tonight, the only oil coming back on the ball was a few spots on the last few flare rings which would be oil from the end of the pattern. I was standing 35 and playing 3rd to 4th arrow and I couldn't hardly keep it right. Well next week I'll bring the urethane. Of course the guys with speed and revs did okay. I couldn't generate enough speed to help, I changed tilt but the ball was way too early still. My thoughts are they cut back on the headoil and maybe bumped up the oil on the end of the pattern. In a attempt to make the pattern hold up longer (which some house have tried), but that doesn't work. That or the machine needs maintenance, which has happened before when they wore out the buffer brush and didn't replace it until the Assoc. got on them cause the shot got so bad. Since I've got a low average now, some figure that means I don't know what I'm talking about. Oh well next week here's hoping.

Save
            Last edited by litefrozen; 09-06-2016, 10:33 PM.
            Litefrozen

Comment

Week 03

Well a somewhat better night.

I started out feeling better about my last week assessment of the conditions, another bowler stopped to tell me he read & agreed with what I said. (he has a 200+ ave and has bowled PBA so I figure he's qualified to give a opinion) He said he's told them (Owner/Manager) the same thing before, their not really putting out enough headoil. That not everyone can throw speed and revs to overcome it.

Tonight wasn't much different as far as the conditions were concerned, but I was better prepared. I had adjusted the surface on the Paranoia, with a wore 2000 pad and then polished it. Also I brought my other equipment (Dude and my old Pyro) but I got to get the grips changed though, it would have been difficult to use effectively with the old grip. The Paranoia held up through the night though and I stuck with it.

I started out standing farther left than I would normally start, targeted down lane at the breakpoint and made sure to release toward the pins with a bit of loft. The Paranoia is surprising strong, But I also think with the new grip how can I put this - My release works more effectively, maybe it has to do with the PAP change too (I don't think I phrased that right but I'll go with it.).

The thing to see is how it goes next week, I'll have a butt load of handicap!. If I bowl good maybe I can change from a low average bowler to dirty sandbagger.

Save
              Litefrozen

Comment

177/202/234 613 Series
                Brutal start to the night as I continued to throw too hard and miss the headpin on oily lane conditions outside the 10 board. 4 of my 5 open frames were in game 1. Settled down toward the end of game 1 with a XXXX finish and Game 3 was an all mark game. We got an 8th team which will be nice and nobody will have to bowl themselves for the season.
                207.50 Average thru 6 games (2 weeks)

Comment

This Wednesday double league is going to change my average for tournament if this keeps up, why don't they use the composit, why the highest of the leagues ??????

Comment

144/193/202 539 Series with a 12/13/7/4 Line. Absolutely brutal night and a 144 the lowest game I've bowled in 5 years 9/20/11 (140) Finally strung a hambone in Game 3 to salvage a deuce. For a moment I thought I was going to throw a sub 500 series. 4 for 6 on 10 pins after not leaving a single 10 pin last week. 198.22 Average thru 3 weeks (9 games)

Comment

this week didn't go well, I'd been away on work/vacation and the first game I used a different ball/ taboo, because the prior two weeks my 15lb scandal wasn't picking up, I did do better, but I was unable to convert the 7 pin/10 pin with my spare ball, the second game went a little better, but I still struggled with the end pins, the lane changed and I switched to a shinier ball and the grip was sticky as well as the approach and the game turned into a fiasco !
                      bottom line, still learning adjustments, 171-182-135 for a miserable 488 and a 2 pin drop in the average from 171 to 169

Comment

202/194/161 Really bad finish this past week. I missed a 10 pin in the final frame that would have won it for our team. I was too angry to check my strike/spare/open/splits line this week. Down to a 195.17 Average thru 12 games (4 weeks)

I'm pressing too much. I need to get back to letting the ball do the work. Hope to turn it around this Tuesday night.

Comment

Well two more weeks of garbage, Still trying to figure the problem out. Yes they could have some more head oil, But I think the fact that I got a new grip, is letting me put more on the ball with the same release I was using than I had been getting and it's throwing me off. Plus I haven't been able to get my other balls grips updated yet to have something to switch off too. The old grip feels so big now it's hard to hold.

week 04

week 05

Litefrozen

Comment

Week 6 still on the slide, a bit more head oil. My ball speed increased some and was getting down the lane more with the Paranoia, but the ball is a bit jumpy still.

I switched to my Bad A$$ toward the end of the 2nd game, the fit feels really weird now that I've got more use to the new fit. But I had more control and a little less off the ball so got the score up some on the last game.

I have my DV8 Dude in the shop right now getting the grip updated, so I should have it to switch too till I get the Paranoia figured out.

Litefrozen

Comment

Well the ball I dropped off to have the thumb moved wasn't ready. He had got it plugged, but when he went to drill it the bit slipped or something which threw off the span some. So he had to replug it. week 7 Well one good game for the night and only 4 opens. Plus we took all 7 points and I got all my bracket money back except for a $1 and I set high handicap game with a 328. A slow start on the first game, but I can't complain.
                              Litefrozen

Comment

Working...
                              X