X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-Point Targeting for Advanced Lane Play - By Joe Slowinski

3-Point Targeting for Advanced Lane Play
    Written by Joe Slowinski

Saturday, 16 June 2007 Here is my June 2007 contribution to Bowling This Month. In this month's Slowinski at-large article, I share the 3-point targeting system to readers. This advanced targeting method incorporates lane play research and an aid for choosing launch angle to help you certainly improve your consistency and accuracy. Click the link to download the article.

3-Point Targeting for Advanced Lane Play.

(This article posted here with permission from Joe Slowinski. Visit http://bowlingknowledge.info for more of Joe's articles)

You will need Adobe Reader to view the article above.

High Series: 806
    High Games: 300 (3), 299 (2), 11 in a row

My BowlingTracker Stats
    Lambda: James D. Smith

Visit me on Facebook

I was getting a file error when trying to open the link, I updated acrobat to 8.1 and all is working well now
    this is a really good article, much eaiser to read this one...
    Thanks
    Rick
    Last edited by 2nakiller; 06-25-2007, 01:38 PM. Reason: fixed problem
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin' Friday night

My BowlingTracker Stats
    Santa Fe Chiefs: Rick Peter
    Santa Fe Chiefs: Rick Peter

Comment

hmm.. it works for me..

the one you posted is a scanned in version from BTM. I wasn't sure how BTM would feel about having that version posted.. but I guess we'll see...

High Series: 806
      High Games: 300 (3), 299 (2), 11 in a row

My BowlingTracker Stats
      Lambda: James D. Smith

Visit me on Facebook

Comment

3 PT Targeting

Excellent tip. Used it last night during postion round. We were tied for first, now were up by 4. Average is 202 Shot 268,196,234, 698. I tend to short stoke the ball. Seemed to really help on follow through and reaching my hand to the exit point. Was in the pocket 32 out of 35 frames with five ringing ten pins. Thanks alot . Shirtz

Comment

Bowling Lane Play

Bowling Lane Play The 3 Basic Lines - I wrote this article from gathered information form seminars I went to from Del Warren and Mo Pinel last year. It is a report of what I gathered from there teachings.
          Last edited by topdog46; 05-09-2008, 07:17 PM.
          Bowling Ball Reviews - Bowling Tips and Techniques - Bowling Ball Video Reviews

Comment

Forgive me if this is a stupid question. I am just recently looking into the mechanics behind my swing and release to try to improve. Up til now I just got up and bowled, tried to hit my mark and keep a consistant realease. Granted I am only a 193 average, probably no where near most of you. My question is though in the formula to figure out your exit point (PL-35+4), How do you know the Pattern Length? I dont bowl in any PBA tournaments where I could go look up the pattern length, for example the Viper pattern or whatever the tournament is using, all the PBA patterns are well documented online. I just bowl local leagues using the House pattern, are the people working the desk going to give that information to me so I know pattern length?

Comment

Originally posted by niteowl View Post
              I just bowl local leagues using the House pattern, are the people working the desk going to give that information to me so I know pattern length?
              At a good knowledgeable house they should be happy to tell you the info.
              Your best bet would be asking the Head laneman/mechanic whose doing the oiling he would know.

Heres a link to a great pattern reference
              Kegel Pattern Library
              Litefrozen

Comment

Originally posted by niteowl View Post
                I just bowl local leagues using the House pattern, are the people working the desk going to give that information to me so I know pattern length?
                At a good knowledgeable house they should be happy to tell you the info.
                Your best bet would be asking the Head laneman/mechanic whose doing the oiling he would know.

Heres a link to a great pattern reference
                Kegel Pattern Library

You can find several house patterns here. which would give you a general idea.
                Litefrozen

Comment

Originally posted by BowlingTracker View Post
                  3-Point Targeting for Advanced Lane Play
                  Written by Joe Slowinski

Saturday, 16 June 2007 Here is my June 2007 contribution to Bowling This Month. In this month's Slowinski at-large article, I share the 3-point targeting system to readers. This advanced targeting method incorporates lane play research and an aid for choosing launch angle to help you certainly improve your consistency and accuracy. Click the link to download the article.

3-Point Targeting for Advanced Lane Play.

this is an excellent article. i'll definitely make sure i pay close attention to these three points during practice this weekend, and hope to incorporate them into my PBAX league on Monday nights.

Comment

Cool, I have used the 3 point targeting approach and it works great.
                    High Series:827 813 802

High Games: 300(6) 299(2) 298 290(5)

Comment

Working...
                    X