X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebonite - The Infinite One

Stats from Ebonite.com
    Color: Navy/Royal/Burgundy
    Reactions: Designed to be longer than the Big One, with increased backend ball reaction.
    Coverstock: GB12.1 sanded with 500-grit Abralon.
    Core: Inverted Centrex Symmetrical Mass Bias
    Length: 24
    Hook: 45
    Break Point Angle: 12.75
    Mass Bias Rating: 0.0027

Weight: 15 lbs.
    RG: 2.46
    Diff: .056

http://ebonite.com/products/detail.php?PRKey=266
    http://ebonite.com/techcenter/drilli...itle=The%20One

Comments:
    This is the first new ball I've purchased in about 4 years. The last new ball was an Ebonite Apex Intensity, which I fell in love with.. Even today, that's the best ball I have.

Today I got this Infinite One and drilled it similar to ther recommeded Drill Pattern #2. However, I put the pin a little closer to the PAP (about 3-3/4"). I used a urathane thumb slug and oval finger inserts.

I threw the ball a few times during league warm up tonight (normal house shot) and it seemed a bit squirly if didn't relase it just right.. I wasn't comfortable enough with it to use in league, so I put it aside to "practice" more..

I continued to struggle tonight using my regular ball as well. Anther 200+ average bowler on the same pair also had trouble tonight keeping consitant shots.

I Decided to give the Infinate One another try during the 3rd game. It took a few shots to get the feel of how the ball reacts. But found a nice semi-consistant shot. When it hits the pocket, there were no questions.. I've never seen pins fly back as fast as they do with this ball.

This ball seems to do very well when swinging it out to just outside the oil line to the dry area. If you swing it too far out, it recovers well, but may lose too much energy to carry the 10 pin. I didn't have a problem of going brooklen by swinging too far out.

If I pull the ball where it stays in the heavier oil, it slides way past the break. A couple of times it barely clipped the head pin.

Overall, I love how it reacts.. I think it's going to take a few more practice games to really get the feel of it.. I believe it will eventually become my main ball... I'll post more after I get some more games on it..
    Last edited by BowlingTracker; 09-29-2006, 12:39 AM.

High Series: 806
    High Games: 300 (3), 299 (2), 11 in a row

My BowlingTracker Stats
    Lambda: James D. Smith

Visit me on Facebook

OMG.. I LOVE this ball.. I shot a 278 with it last week.. left 2 ten pins..

However, it's seems too strong to use all 3 games on my lane conditions.. (i consider medium) Toward the end of the 3rd game i'm having to move left (RH) ALOT. I havn't quite figured out that line yet, so i'm leaving 10pins with it..

I may get another one and drill it a little bit weaker or longer for the 3rd game.. Damn this ball hits hard..

My BowlingTracker Stats

Visit me on Facebook

Comment

I've had an infinite one since mid summer and love it too. Had a pile of high 700s with 299, 290, and a few 279s. It outhooks anything I've ever had. Especially if I hit it with the pad it came with.

Comment

Mine seems to have tamed down alot. If the lanes are a little bit heavier on the oil than normal, I'm have trouble getting it to turn strong enough.. It's already gotten to the point where it sweats out enough oil at warm temps to cover the entire ball..

My BowlingTracker Stats

Visit me on Facebook

Comment

Working...
        X